EPA Section 608Open-Book Certification
Take Your EPA 608 Test OnlineBegin Exam - Step 1
Mainstream Engineering Offers EPA 608 Testing
To work in the HVAC industry, technicians who maintain, service, repair, or dispose of refrigerant-containing equipment must be certified under the Environmental Protection Agency’s Section 608 of the Clean Air Act. Mainstream Engineering is a certifying agency for Section 608 Type I, II, III, and Universal certifications. This online resource can help you explore certification options, study, practice, and take the test online.
Exam Procedure and Exam Rules
- This is an open book exam, you may use the manual freely, but you may not receive help from any other person. The exam costs $24.95 the first time you attempt it and $5.95 every time it is retaken.
- When the exam is presented, a link to the manual is listed at the top of the exam. Most browsers will bring up another window with the manual in it. If yours does not, we suggest that you do this yourself. This way, you will have a copy of the manual to refer to while you take the exam. If you prefer, you can download a copy of the manual before proceeding.
- If you get disconnected during the test, you can simply log in to your personal certification account again to continue where you left off.
- The exam consists of a total of 50 multiple choice questions. To pass the exam, you must get at least 21 correct on each section of the Core and Type I exams. Unanswered questions will be marked as wrong. If you fail the exam, you can retest as often as necessary with no waiting period in between attempts. All the information needed to pass the exam is in Section 608 Type I open-book manual, so please refer to the manual often.
- If for any reason, during the course of the exam, you are unhappy with this online exam program, you can receive a full refund by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that explains the nature of your complaint. Refunds will not be given for completed tests regardless of the outcome. Your name will be retained in our database, and you will be banned from future exams with Mainstream Engineering.