EPA Section 608 Open Book Certification
Exam Procedure and Exam Rules
- Select the exam(s) you would like to take. If you select an exam you must pay for, such as this exam, you will be required to pay for your exam before you begin. You will be charged regardless of whether you finish your exam or not. The exam price is $24.95 for your first attempt and $5.95 for each additional attempt if needed.
- If you would like to pay using a personal check or a money order, you will be prompted to print an order request form. This must be sent in to Mainstream with proper payment before you will have access to the exam.
- This is an open book exam, you may use the manual freely, but you may not receive help from any other person.
- When the exam is presented, a link to the manual is listed at the top of the exam. Most browsers will bring up another window with the manual in it. If yours does not, we suggest that you do this yourself. This way, you will have a copy of the manual to refer to while you take the exam. If you prefer you can download a copy of the manual before proceeding.
- If you get disconnected during the test, you can simply login to your personal certification account again to continue where you left off. Previously answered questions will be saved.
- The Exam consists of 25 multiple choice questions for Core and 25 multiple choice questions for Type I. You must get at least 21 correct in each section in order to pass the exam.
Unanswered questions will be marked as wrong. Remember, if you receive your 608 Type I Open-Book certification and decide you want Type II, III or Universal Certification, you must re-take the Core Section of the closed-book, proctored exam.
- If for any reason during the course of the exam you are unhappy with this on-line exam program, you can receive a full refund by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that explains the nature of your compliant. Refunds will not be given for completed tests regardless of the outcome. Your name will be retained in our database and you will be banned from future exams with Mainstream Engineering.